creative consulting for the art of life by Jason Jenn

creative consulting for the art of life by Jason Jenn

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Behind the Scenes of Alek Sandar's "Creature In Me" Video

On set for Alek Sandar's music video
In November of 2011, my dear friend and performing art colleague Yozmit invited me to tag along during the making of her friend, Alek Sandar's music video at a studio in Brooklyn. It included a very talented cast of well known NY performing artists. The artists were quite friendly and open to my documenting as long as I waited to post the pics until after the video was released. So here are some of the pics I caught.

I wish I could have stayed for the full day to really hang out and take in all the amazing performances, but they had a pretty long day of shooting. The glimpses I caught during the time I was there were stunning - as is the entire video, which you can view at: 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3z-wmu4Ksk

Support the artist by purchasing his inspiring single at iTunes! You will be happy you released that creature inside you - so dance and sing away!



Handsome Alek Sandar sneaking around

Alek and crew documenting away

The amazingly talented Jonathan Nosen inside his mirror ball costume.
Afterwards he shared how heavy the costume is - how he does what he does is amazing.

Jonathan is a very successful performance artist: http://acroback.com/


Yozmit arrives to the studio in Brooklyn in true diva style

I love Yozmit!

Yozmit shares a glimpse of one of her creations used in the video
The video's goddess before her shoot

I so loved that the son of the dancer lights his mother on fire!

Yozmit watches the firebird do her thing
The last pic I captured before smoke alarms went off and I had to dash away!


No comments:

Post a Comment