creative consulting for the art of life by Jason Jenn

creative consulting for the art of life by Jason Jenn

Monday, February 10, 2014

My Valentine to James Broughton & Poetry



This week marks the opening of the full length one-act production of "ECSTASY FOR EVERYONE: A Theatrical Celebration of the Poetry & Art of James Broughton"and I am indeed feeling ecstatic for it! James, I am ready to "beguile the rest of the world with the seductions of your frisky gospel"

It's been quite a year. It was last February when "Kitten" & David, the Radical Faeries from SF came to LA to promote the upcoming documentary film "BIG JOY: The Adventures of James Broughton". I knew I wanted to be involved in honoring James, but I didn't quite know just what I was getting into. But once I started reading his poetry, I knew there was a powerful piece of poetic theatre to be made. The blessing of James's partner Joel Singer, the guidance of Mark Thompson, the championing of filmmaker Stephen Silha, the coaching of Sky Palkowitz, and many others have come in to give this piece such loving wings.

So, February 14th may be Valentine's Day, but come February 15th I'll be sending up a vibration of love into the cosmos with the theatrically staged reciting of James Broughton's exquisite poetry.

Get your tickets NOW to experience the ECSTASY!
http://ecstasyforeveryone.brownpapertickets.com/

Saturday, February 15, 22, & March 1 @ 8pm
Sunday, February 16 & 23 @ 6pm 

Spirit Studio in Silverlake
3711 Evans Street (off Hyperion)
Los Angeles, CA 90027

"Come! Convalesce with me in the clarity of wonder 
Together we can dawdle in the hotbeds of heaven
And dance untrammeled in the palaces of wisdom!"

No comments:

Post a Comment