creative consulting for the art of life by Jason Jenn

creative consulting for the art of life by Jason Jenn

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

GIVING THANKS


In recent years I have very much been tested in my resolve to a philosophy of art of life. It has indeed become for me an all-encompassing pursuit, a path that permeates my entire life and being. It’s a spiritual practice, a mental discipline, a physical way of being. It won’t always be pretty or perfect, that is not the meaning of art. It requires practice and dedication. A life of art, art of life recognizes that opportunity to tap into creative energy is everywhere, something worth exploring, and that yields great value.

Living a life of art is not a frivolous pursuit. It’s a way of being that colors the way one sees and experiences the world, filling it with magic and wonder. It’s not something to discount or diminish. It’s a path that shares many riches and has the ability to transform life and manifest possibilities. But if you are reading this, you likely already know that, but perhaps, like me, need reminding every so often. We live in a golden era, a burgeoning creative world, but we can easily dwell in the ill-usions of our society and the trappings of current culture and forget the true ever-lasting meaning of the art of life.

We are mortal physical creatures, but tapping into creative energy is limitless and transcendent. Our commitment is to consciously and reverently manifest the grand diversity of art and fulfill our role, add our voice, live our dance, paint our scene, write our manifestos, and be our being as best we can and in a manner that is true to our soul, not what someone or some society tells you. Do it consciously, peacefully, lovingly, blissfully.  Live and love your life of art.

WIth that said, I give thanks to the many people who have inspired me on this journey of art. To all the various friends, peers, teachers, mentors, icons, and heroes who have shared their experiences along the journey and given the gifts of their life of art. I appreciate all the many colors that have added their unique influence to my palette. While I won’t list them all by name here, I am very much spending this time in appreciation for their contributions.

In gratitude….

Jason Jenn

1 comment:

  1. And I'm sure I speak for many - we give THANKS for YOU and your contributions - honoring a life of art . . *

    ReplyDelete